iAssist Bulletin Coronavirus (COVID-19)
iAssist is continuing to monitor the advice provided by the Australian Government and World Health Organisation (WHO) in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in order to apply the necessary precautions to keep our workforce safe and minimise the spread the virus. We want to remind our clients of the importance of notifying iAssist if you or an occupant or family member has:
1. recently returned from overseas travel; or
2. are in self-isolation due to having contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
iAssist are implementing processes in order to continue to serve our client’s and the wider community as best we can.
If onsite works are required, we will prequalify the status of the site prior to attending onsite. In the event that the site has been prequalified as at-risk then the following process will be followed:
1. Works will be rescheduled in 14 days or if the this is not suitable.
2. Works will be assessed for completion via remote or our pickup/delivery service
In the event an iAssist team member attends a client’s premises and the client discloses that they or a household member or colleague have recently returned from overseas travel, or are in self-isolation due to having contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) our team member/s will take the following steps.
1. Advise the client that they are unable to complete the work and that the appointment will be rescheduled or the works will be assessed for remote support or pickup/delivery service.
2. Leave the premises and ensure personal hygiene such as washing/sanitising hands as per the iAssist policy.
3. Advise Management.
4. Record the details in the iAssist Client database. (This information is needed to ensure an appointment is not rescheduled within the next 14 days)
Performing works at a Client’s premises
When iAssist is required to attend onsite and the site has been prequalified as not at-risk, our team have been advised to:
1. Explain to the client the precautions which iAssist will be undertaking for the safety of all concerned
2. Where possible, maintain at least 1 metre distance from all personnel. Be mindful of proximity to end users and actions that may require client interaction:
a. Avoid handshakes
b. When requiring a client to sign off on a job, we will send the document via DocuSign.
c. Avoid touching their face while completing the work and sanitise their hands regularly.
d. Wipe down surfaces, keyboards and mice with disinfectant before touching and wipe down tools and equipment after use.
e. At the end of the job sanitise hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap
f. Payment via mobile EFTPOS has been suspended. See Payment procedure below
Note about masks: Wearing a face mask is only necessary for people who are infected to prevent them from spreading the virus by coughing or sneezing, or by those treating people who are infected. The most effective approach is to apply good hygiene practices, however if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, or the customer asks for you to, then you should do so.
Onsite Payment Procedure (COD Clients)
As onsite Tyro payments require indirect personal contact, we have suspended onsite mobile EFTPOS payments. The payment process during this time will be as follows:
1. Pre-payment is the preferred method of payment for all COD client works and is to be taken via a manual EFTPOS at time of booking.
2. Post Payment on Jobs 3 hours or less is to be pre-approved at the job booking stage.
3. Post payment – A manual EFTPOS (MOTO) payment will be processed over the phone by one of the following methods:
a. Technician to call the office, and have the client provide credit card details for the MOTO payment to be processed
b. Technician to request the client to call the iAssist office and provide the credit card details.
c. Technician to call the office and request a call back to the client number on file.
4. Once payment is completed, the technician may leave site.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AT NO TIMES SHOULD THE TECHNICIAN HANDLE THE CLIENT PHONE OR CREDIT CARD OR THE CLIENT HANDLE THE TECHNICIAN PHONE.
Pick-up and Delivery service
iAssist will provide a pickup and delivery service to quarantined or at-risk clients, requiring urgent servicing/repairs. (please note additional charges may apply). This process will be as follows:
1. A tub will be placed at the Client’s front door or other location as advised by the client.
2. iAssist team member will step back outside the proximity zone.
3. Client will drop all items required for the repair, into the tub and then step back outside the proximity zone.
4. iAssist team member will disinfect tub and items that have been placed in the tub prior to being placed in the car.
5. Above process will be carried out similarly for the return of items.
PPE for Pickups/Delivery of high-risk sites
· Gloves (Disposable)
· Face mask P2
· Safety glasses – Optional
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SERVICE WILL ONLY BE OFFERED WHILST IT IS PRACTICAL TO DO SO AND MAY BE WITHDRAWN WITHOUT NOTICE.
Non-Remote Repairs carried out at iAssist
iAssist will continue to offer servicing at our North Rockhampton office for as long as is safe to do so.
Only non-at-risk people should be attending the iAssist office to drop off or collect items for repair/servicing.
When an item is dropped to the iAssist office for servicing the following procedure will be followed:
1. Item/s will be disinfected before being moved from the foyer to the techbay.
2. Our EFTPOS machine will be disinfected after each use.
3. Item/s will be disinfected again after works have been completed prior to collection.
PLEASE NOTE: IASSIST RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE TO COMPLETE WORKS IF IASSIST MANAGEMENT PERCEIVE A RISK TO THE CLIENT AND/OR IASSIST TEAM MEMBER/S